Wednesday, September 8, 2010

PR 332 The Focus of My Blog

For the longest time I have had a love for hockey.  So for my blog, I will focus on Sports Public Relations, specifically in the National and American Hockey League.  I will be able to show how the jobs that are done, scandals that have taken place in the two leagues and the problems that come on to some of the players, the teams and even the entire league.  I was able to find an article pertaining to the National Hockey League's lock-out that took place in the 2004-2005 season and how one lady was able to use her PR skills to overcome the crisis. NHL Communications Executive Receives PR Pro of the year Honors from PRSA 

Sports public relations, deal with informing the press, the fans and the public information pertaining to the entire team or just a single player.  This information can range anywhere from the statistics of the team or players to the different events that they players will take part in.  The teams public relations crew, is in charge of getting the fans and the public's interest in the team.  Some events that could take place are the players visiting a hospital, a school or even going to the beach in the summer to promote their team so that the public will look forward to seeing them at their games in the fall.

I have been around sports my entire life and this is why I am very interested in sports public relations.  Being a figure skater for 17 years has led me to love the game of hockey.  Since my senior year of high school, I have worked for the New York Islanders organizations where I was an Ice Girl.  Now that I am away at school, I work for the minor league team in the American Hockey League known as the Bridegport Sound Tigers located right here in Connecticut.  Having worked with both teams, i ahve been able to see some of the stuff that goes on but I would love to look more into the problems they have and find ways to fix them.  in the end I think that sports public relations is a great topic to explore.  Yes I have been around the game for a while but I have never really looked into it the way I hope to through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment