Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Last Blog of the Semester: 2 Classmates

When we first got this assignment to start a blog all I remember saying to myself, is you’ve got to be kidding me, but at the end of it I am sort of sad that this is our last one because I really enjoyed doing this every week.  This last blog post of the semester is to comment about two of my classmate’s blogs that had to do with experimental research. 
The first person’s blog that I will take a look at would have to be Britney’s.  The main topic of Britney’s blog is media snapshot and last week she talked about Flash Mobs.  When I first saw Flash Mobs as the head of her blog post, I had no clue what she was talking about so I had to read on.  In the blog she gives a definition of what a Flash Mob is but then right under that she says that Oprah has even used a Flash Mob for her 24th season of her show.  According to Britney, a Flash Mob is when a group of hundreds of thousands of people perform a pointless act for a brief time for really no reason.  Her post explains how the flash mob was originally used as a social network experiment.  The point of the entire thing was to see how many people would partake in this type of thing because people are always looking for new things to do. 
The next person that I would like to comment on is Francesca’s blog which has to do with celebrities and social networking.  I liked this post because I am constantly on facebook and twitter reading and commenting on the things people do.  I know its a little lame but hey, everyone does it even if they say they don’t.  It is so true what Francesca says that public relations people always use social networking and that it is a vital asset to their career because it can get their word out but they can also look up and see what other people are up to in the industry.  The experiment that she found on the web could really help different public relations firms to find out whom and how they want to target specific people and places.      

No comments:

Post a Comment